ARRANGEMENT OF TOURIST-RECREATION CENTER "Jezero-Hercegovac-Ružica grad"
CITY OF ORAHOVICA
- PUBLIC INSTITUTION FOR MANAGEMENT OF PROTECTED PARTS OF NATURE AND ECOLOGICAL NETWORK OF VIROVITICA-PODRAVINA COUNTY
- TOURIST BOARD OF VIROVITICA-PODRAVINA COUNTY
- TOURIST BOARD OF THE TOWN OF ORAHOVICA
- EUROPEAN STRUCTURAL AND INVESTMENT FUNDS IN THE FINANCIAL PERIOD OF CO-FINANCING 2014-2020
- EUROPEAN REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND WITHIN THE OPERATIONAL "Competitiveness and Cohesion" PROGRAM
Call for project proposals: PROMOTION OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF NATURAL HERITAGE IN SLAVONIA, BARANJE AND SRIJEM
The project implements activities divided into 5 elements (1. Visitor infrastructure and facilities; 2. Education and interpretation, 3. Promotion and visibility of the Educational Center; 4. Project management; 5. Promotion and visibility), in order to establish the EDUCATIONAL CENTER ORAHOVICA -School in nature (hereinafter EDC). 4 construction works are being carried out to ensure accommodation capacities in the Children's Resort (Central building of EDC) and in 14 bungalows (Studio apartments) together with the construction of sports fields, all on the location of the existing city tourist complex next to the famous Orahovac bathing area / lake shore "Lake". Until the completion of works and equipment, strategic documents necessary for the operation and positioning of EDC on the market (Program Strategy, Marketing Plan, Visitor Management Action Plan) will be prepared, and for the needs of the "Pilot Project" which includes 3 teaching programs. Field classes for students, Scout Camp), and use of EDC after the end of the project, multimedia equipment (installation in the multipurpose hall of the Resort and portable / mobile hologram), tourist electric train, mini bus, buggy, bicycles of several types with equipment , visitor record system, educational and promotional materials. The project trains tourist interpreters of the natural and cultural heritage of the area through several days of education. The arrangement of TRC "Jezero-Hercegovac-Ružica grad" will contribute to the development of the economy by expanding the tourist offer and extending the tourist season of Orahovica by providing new accommodation facilities and educational facilities with the aim of sustainable use and increasing the attractiveness of natural heritage in Slavonia, Baranja and Srijem. TRC is intended for preschool and school children and students, swimmers and families with children and other visitors (scouts, mushroom pickers, cyclists, athletes ...).
Sustainable use of the natural heritage of the Orahovac area through arranging the existing and creating a new tourist educational offer, training tourist guides for successful presentation of protected tourist values included within the Papuk Nature Park, which will enable visitors to experience the tourist destination. its promotions. The vision of the Center is to create a critical mass of rounded educational facilities and facilities in the project area for the purpose of zoning the City of Orahovica as a unique tourist and recreational area of regional importance, diversifying the existing tourist offer with emphasis on eco-tourism and facilities specific to the Orahovica area , by increasing the number of overnight stays and visitors and contributing to economic growth and reducing population depopulation.
Target groups of the project
- school and preschool children throughout the year
- students and kindergarten children who attend school in nature in spring and autumn
- young athletes organized in summer camps
- swimmers during the summer months, families with children
- other visitors throughout the year: mountaineers, cyclists, mushroom pickers, geologists, team building and union games groups, business users of the Conference Center, associations that the Center will use for various events
- travel agencies and administrative departments for education and sports in larger cities
Expected project results
- employment growth
- expanded tourist offer of the city of Orahovica
- increased number of visitors to the natural heritage destination
total project value and amount co-financed by the EU (in HRK)
- Total project value: HRK 81,377,429.88
- EU co-financing: 68,193,647.92 HRK
Project implementation period
from 01.10.2019. to 01.05.2023.
Contact person for more information
- Irela Strabić, project manager
- tel. +385-33-674 673
- mob. +385-33 -782 3971
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Lana Jurkin, head of the Tourist Board of the city of Orahovica
- mob. +385-91-782 8863
- mob. +385-99-262 0336
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tatjana Arnold Sabo, Director of the Public Institution for Management of Protected Areas of Nature and Ecological Network of Virovitica-Podravina County
- tel. +385-33-722 033
- mob. +385-99-235 1529
- Josip Mikolčić, Assistant Director of the Tourist Office of the Virovitica-Podravina County Tourist Board
- tel. +385-33-730 031
- mob. +385-33-99-2479 342
- e-mail: email@example.com
Project ARRANGEMENT OF TOURIST-RECREATION CENTER "Jezero-Hercegovac-Ružica grad" ref.br. KK.06.1.2.03.0002. is co-financed from the European Structural and Investment Funds in the financial period 2014-2020. and from the European Regional Development Fund under the Operational Program „Konkurentnost i kohezija".
The content of this website is sole liability of the City of Orahovica.